Monday, October 13, 2008

The Rad Wag And First Magazine Feature

This is my Boss's Wagoneer. It's a 1978. He has had it for the last ten years and used it daily as a family mover for several years. He then spent the last few years doing the rebuild. When I came on board, I was given the assignment to finish it. You may remember it as a feature in the September 2008 Peterson's 4 Wheel & Off-Road

These pictures got a little out of order, but here goes:

Custom aluminum dash panels. On the left is the fuel tank switch and the transmission temp gauge. On the right is the switches for the air compressor and front air locker.
Custom gauge insert.
Custom made, laser cut tabs to hold the shocks and sway bar. All tabs were designed and installed by myself.
Custom one-off grill we designed and had cut. I welded the four pieces up and made it fit. Across each bar are the letters R A D J E E P E R. We had them milled into them.
Installed the Dana 20 twin stick. Fabbed up the mounts and link rods.

I opened up the wheel wells front and rear to clear the 37's. The slidders needed to be shortened, so they were cut, sleeved, and put back together.

The wood was removed from the roof rack and replaced with aluminum dimand plate. I fabbed the tire mount, which goes through the plate and is welded to the rack frame. Turned out pretty good.

The Dana 44 was replaced with a Dana 60. I set up the 4.56 gears and ARB Locker, along with a full rebuild of the rest of the axle including the king pins, bearings and seals.
Zinc coated parts are really different and give this rig a nice look.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi, Thanks for sharing this wonderful article. I own a laser cutting fabrication website that might be useful for your visitors. Have a look!